FAQ About Our Services
What Services do you offer?
We offer a variety of services, including CTO advisory packages, business development, and technology project guidance, as well as marketing, finance, operations, and compliance counsel.
What services fall under technology projects?
These services include:
- Web Design and Development
- E-commerce Design and Development
- Application Development
- Database Design
- Application Security Architecture
What does a CTO as a Service package look like?
An effective CTO will help your team make the right strategic technology decisions to meet your business objectives and keep your customers and clients satisfied. The decisions are different depending where you are in your product development. Decisions made during prototyping, MVP, and scaling to a larger product are all very important.
What role will the CTO play in my organization?
Although a CTO’s specific responsibilities will vary from organization to organization, general duties include, developing and overseeing short-term and long-range technology strategies to ensure the organization’s business objectives are met, the right technology decisions are made, and risks are identified and managed. CTOs are also responsible for maintaining organizational technology standards and adhering to compliance policies, while managing development teams and supervising product architecture. Other duties include leading DevOps teams, budgeting MVP projects, and managing QA, product testing, and cybersecurity.
Why should I hire a fractional CTO for my business?
Hiring the right CTO can have substantial improvements on your company. When you hire Rainbow Chameleon to act as your company’s CTO, we will work with your team to:
- Identify issues and weaknesses, develop objectives, and create a comprehensive technology strategy
- Lower exposure to operational risks
- Create a risk assessment plan and oversee its implementation
- Develop and lead a digital transformation strategy for your organization
- Lead technical team recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, training, and mentoring
What are some examples of services you offer?
Some examples of services include:
- Developing and documenting your strategy and roadmap for the next 18 months
- Reviewing your technology architecture and future recommendations
- Managing your development staff or vendors to ensure they are moving in the right direction
- Hiring and interviewing new technology resources or running technology vendor RFPs
- Creating and implementing Agile and DevOps Processes within your development team
- UI/UX product design for large-scale projects
- Designing and testing largely complex e-commerce websites
Who will be my account lead? Who is Jennifer Lansden and what is her experience?
Jennifer is the CEO of Rainbow Chameleon. Before launching the company, Jennifer served as a Senior Technology Executive with over 19 years’ experience leading the technology vision, strategy, talent, and complex initiatives for large global financial institutions.
She has a successful track record of implementing critical plans by driving multifunctional teams across application development, IT risk management, infrastructure, and enterprise-architecture teams. Her expertise spans risk and compliance technologies, data transformation, cloud, and other emerging technologies.
What are your monthly tiers?
We offer tiered pricing to customize what your company needs to meet its objectives. We currently offer five, 10, 20, or 40 hours a month. All of our packages are tailored to help your organization reach its goals.
All tiers include an unlimited Slack chat for quick questions or to connect to us.
Would you take equity instead of a monthly fee?
We do not take equity. Offering a low monthly fee, compared to the cost of hiring a full time CTO, is better for your business in the long term as you should preserve your equity as long as possible.
Please note, we do believe there are some situations where taking an equity stake makes sense for both of us. As such, we plan to offer an equity option in the future.
What are some of the projects you’ve worked on recently?
You can find our entire portfolio here.
What industries do you have experience?
We have experience working in a wide range of industries, including fintech, e-commerce and app development, consumer goods, construction, music, entertainment, and more.